Photophyll™ Select Available on XLamp® XP-G3 and J Series® 2835 3V G Class LEDsNovember 2, 2022
💡 Upgrade output and efficiency of two-channel luminaires by 6%
💡 System performance up to 3.25 PPF/W
💡 Advanced spectrum optimized for horticulture
💡 Reduce complicated spectral analysis
💡 Standard lead times, samples available now
Read the press release: cree-led.com/news/photophyll-select-leds
Get the reference design: www.cree-led.com/horticulture
Watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sv1Qu5FkqA
See a demo at #MJBizCon, Nov. 16-18 in Las Vegas, Booth 4625
Photophyll™ Select for Horticulture Applications Available on XLamp® XP-G3 and J Series® 2835 LEDs
Photophyll Select is a new phosphor-converted LED color with blue and green spectral output tuned for horticulture applications. These LEDs are designed to replace the white LEDs that are common in two-channel white + red horticulture luminaires. By maximizing green content and minimizing red content versus standard lighting LEDs, this LED color enables significant enhancements to luminaire cost and performance.
XLamp XP-G3 Photophyll Select LEDs combine this new color and the many strengths of the XP-G3 platform, including efficiency, long-term reliability, convenient design ecosystem and optical control.
J Series 2835 3V G Class Photophyll Select LEDs combine this new color with the industry’s highest efficacy 2835 platform to achieve breakthrough system-level performance.
Photophyll Select LEDs are the industry’s first LEDs to be entirely binned in horticulture metrics, enabling more straightforward spectrum design without confusing translations or conversions. The spectral output of these LEDs is binned into two metrics, both of which are based on the amount of PPF in standard Blue (400-499 nm), Green (500-599 nm) and Red (600-700 nm) bands. The two spectral metrics are percentage of Red PPF content and the ratio of Green to Blue PPF content.
- Photophyll Select LEDs are the industry’s first LEDs entirely characterized in horticulture metrics
- Debut of a new way to characterize LED spectral output that does not rely on human vision metrics, such as CCT and CRI
- Photophyll Select LEDs are designed to easily upgrade the output and efficiency of two-channel
- (white + red) horticulture luminaires by 6%, enabling performance up to 3.25 PPF/W
Key benefits for horticulture lighting manufacturers:
- The higher performance of Photophyll Select LEDs can be used to:
- Improve performance (output and efficiency) at the same LED cost, or
- Reduce cost (by using fewer LEDs) and maintaining the same performance (output and efficiency)
- Photophyll Select LEDs are easier to design with since they are directly characterized for horticulture applications, no translations needed
Get more info: https://cree-led.com/horticulture